The Application Programming Interface (API) is more than just a technology. It is a game changer. APIs unbundle carefully built, integrated value chains of incumbent players. At the same time new value chains are created within weeks with minimal investment. A complete new competitive landscape is emerging with new players disrupting traditional value propositions and business models.
Opening-up and co-creating value with eco-system partners is an essential capability for businesses seeking to win in the emerging competitive landscape. At Innopay we help incumbent businesses such as financial service providers and insurance companies manifest their resilience, defend and strengthen their market position and stay ahead of competition by creating value with APIs.
We strongly believe that seven imperatives contribute to successful value creation in API business.
1. Standing out from the crowd with APIs - How can APIs be used to support and strengthen your business and retain revenues, long term? We help our customers to strategise their API business.
2. Developing realistic, profitable value propositions - How to select the best ideas and what API should be developed and brought to market? We help our customers manage the API innovation funnel using our API Portfolio management tooling.
3. Fast decision-making and agile organisation - What capabilities, roles, responsibilities, structures, control mechanisms and KPIs are needed to run a successful API business? We help our customers determine the best-fit organisation for their API business.
4. Winning sales and marketing strategy - How does sales and marketing work in open environments and how to bring products and services to market? We help businesses bring their API to market, transform sales and marketing approach, and get all commercial documentation including service levels and pricing in place
5. Employees embracing fundamentals of APIs - Can successful Open API business be created with the current workforce? If so, what needs to change? APIs force a shift in thinking, culture and behaviour of employees. Our approach enables employees to accelerate in the digital economy with new ways of working, shared values and performance metrics.
6. Co-creating value with eco-system partners - Who to partner with and how to generate ideas in collaboration with customers and partners? We help to develop the capabilities to set-up partnerships in and outside your eco-system and co-create products and services
7. Healthy balance between control and openness - How to mitigate the risk of opening up? Opening up to third parties brings challenges regarding security, compliance, and legal. Our legal and compliance framework enables businesses to meet the required standards.
INNOPAY Open Banking Monitor: Who are the Masters in Openness? Openness will become the new normal, as new regulations create the push and new technologies provide the enablers. INNOPAY has developed a benchmark comparing developer portals based on the Functional Scope of APIs and the...Read more...
RTS on SCA & CSC: Unravelling EBA’s view on screen scraping Innopay’s PSD2 experts, Vincent Jansen (Partner) and Mounaim Cortet (Manager Strategy), recently shared their views on the RTS in a webinar which attracted broad industry attention. Several attendants of the webinar were interested to learn...Read more...
Summary of German blog series on Open Banking
During the last couple of weeks, we published 7 blogs in German language on the topic of “Open Banking”.
The summary of the German “Open Banking” blog is now downloadable on our homepage!Read more...
Open Banking Blog 7: Chancen und Herausforderungen für sich öffnende Banken This blog forms the last in a series of 7 blogs by Innopay Germany on 'Open Banking: Understanding the business relevance for banks'. The blog series has outlined all relevant aspects with regards to „Open...Read more...
WTC-F tower 3rd floor
1077 XX Amsterdam
T: +31 20 6580651
60310 Frankfurt a.M.
T: +49 (0) 69 5050604350
Stay up-to-date with the latest Innopay information
Click here for our privacy statement